The Mifflin Township Division of Police seeks individuals to serve as full-time Police Officers for the unincorporated area of Mifflin Township.
With a population of more than 3,000 residents, the unincorporated portion of Mifflin Township includes a 3.9-square-mile area in northeast Franklin County, between the city of Columbus and the city of Gahanna. Mifflin Township is adjacent to Port Columbus International Airport and one of the largest suburbs of the central Ohio region, and the Division of Police typically responds to more than 3,000 calls for assistance a year.
The position of Police Officer is under the direct supervision of the Lieutenant. The individual assuming this position will be responsible for providing a highly visible, professional police presence while conducting patrol, traffic enforcement and calls for service, in a specified geographical area. Responds to calls when an emergency exists; takes such actions as necessary to prevent harm; to maintain safety and to assist citizens in a wide range of emergency and non-emergency situations. Takes proper action as necessary and required to maintain the order, safety and general welfare of Mifflin Township utilizing the United States Constitution, the Ohio Revised Code, and Mifflin Township resolutions, policies, and procedures.
A short description of this vacancy is below:
Job title: Full-time Police Officer
Location: 2459 Agler Road
Job Type: Full-time Non-Exempt
Starting Salary: $62,400 – $74,880
*Lateral Transfers may be considered.
- Patrol assigned area for traffic violations, suspicious activity, and safety hazards.
- Identify, pursue, and arrest suspects and violators of illegal acts.
- Respond to calls for assistance.
- Provide first aid to accident victims until the arrival of medical professionals.
- Investigate traffic accidents and other incidents to determine cause and issue citations when appropriate.
- Prepare and submit incident and activity reports.
- Attend and testify in court traffic and criminal cases.
- Direct/control traffic and crowds during accidents, incidents, scheduled events, etc.
- Operate police cruiser in emergency mode safely.
- Act as official escort for funeral processions and other events and situations as needed.
- Participate in training, public education, and special duty assignments.
- Participate in the cleanliness, care, and maintenance of police headquarters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of high school (12th school grade) or possession of a GED certificate; and
- A valid Ohio Driver’s License; and
- Licensure from OPOTA; and
- Successful background check screenings.
Mifflin Township is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran’s status, military status, ancestry, age, genetic information, or disability in employment or the provision of services. Information concerning the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the rights provided thereunder, are available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Mifflin Township offers a full benefits package for Full-time Police Officers.