At Mifflin Township and Riverside Cemeteries, we stand ready and willing to serve our families and community during this challenging time. We are committed to our high standards of dignity and honor in the services we provide. Those standards encompass maintaining the health and safety of the families we serve, our community and our associates.
As such, we are taking every precaution necessary by following the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as local, state and federal officials in our response to stopping the spread of COVID-19. Below are the current measures being taken in response to the COVID-19 health crisis.
· Office hours are as follows: Monday-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm, Saturday by appointment only and closed Sunday.
· Providing notification of an interment as far in advance as possible is the utmost importance in order to facilitate our contact with the family. Please be advised that you must call ahead to schedule an appointment prior to meeting with cemetery staff.
· In accordance with social distancing and public gathering guidelines, we are limiting cemetery office access to two persons at a time when signatures are required on documents.
· Graveside services will also follow social distancing guidelines and will be limited to a maximum of 10 persons in accordance with CDC guidelines.
· There will be no use of courtesy lap blankets, water, chair covers, or tent sidewalls as recommended by industry experts, due to limited disinfectant supplies and the inability to easily disinfect these items.
· Signage has been placed in all township buildings prohibiting access to non-employees. There are no public restrooms available at this time.
As government regulations and recommendations are continually being issued, updates will be provided.
Should you have questions during this time, please do not hesitate to call the cemetery office at (614) 471-4494.