Mifflin Township is a 110-employee local government agency that serves approximately 40,000 residents located in northeast Franklin County. The Township provides fire/EMS, fire/EMS dispatching, police, road, administrative, and cemetery services to residents located in the unincorporated district and Fire/EMS and Fire/EMS dispatching services for residents of the incorporated district of the City of Gahanna.
Mifflin Township has an opportunity for a Service Specialist II position. A short description of this vacancy is below:
Job title: Service Specialist II
Location: 155 Olde Ridenour Road
Job Type: Full-time Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $24.47/per hour – $28.36/per hour
- Performs general and routine maintenance and repair of Township roads, parking lots, and walkways.
- Operates and performs general and preventative maintenance of Township-owned vehicles.
- Operates and performs general and preventative maintenance of various types of light and heavy motorized construction equipment.
- Operates and maintains various types of handheld and motorized tools.
- Performs general groundskeeping maintenance and repair.
- Performs various tasks and activities before, during, and after cemetery burials, funeral ceremonies, memorial services, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of high school (12th school grade) or possession of a GED certificate; and
- One (1) or more years of experience as a Service Specialist I; or
- Any combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or the ability to obtain CDL within six months of employment.
Mifflin Township is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran’s status, military status, ancestry, age, genetic information, or disability in employment or the provision of services. Information concerning the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the rights provided thereunder, are available upon request.